So Mike.. Err?

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

So Mike.. Err?

Post by Chain »

Whats it like with NTL now after all the changes of the weekend?

Still worth the hassle or will you be jumping ship again back to DSL soon?

A little worrying as I am no angel myself currently downloading about 6gb and have a console session open on my server. I'm not looking forward to the limits that are going to be put in place any day now.

:roll:
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

To be honest mate, it's not bothering me that much. 1gb per day is quite a lot really, and I'm not using anything like that amount at the moment. I don't download too much these days. In the early days I was going crazy d'lding tons of stuff, but I'm a good boy now :)

I believe that the limit isn't capped at 1gb, it's just if you "persistantly" breach this daily D/L limit you will get your hands smacked, so maybe if I go crazy every now and then I'll not be told off!

I've also heard that if you do a hard reset of the cable box (which takes about 30 secs), this 'resets' your D/L limit.

I think if I found another reasonably priced system which I could quickly sign over to without any hassles (DEFINITELY *NOT* BTO) then I would be tempted. I definitely would be changing if I was using my PC as a server :)