Just a thought...

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Just a thought...

Post by dan »

Now my machine's back (just waiting for a reply from Apple to my rather shitty letter), been working on getting much of my stuff online. Mainly for my benefit, so I see how it operates, but also a chance to show off a bit! :wink:

Aaaaanyway, which do people prefer - work in Flash or Shockwave? Most of my work was created in Director, but it seems that most people don't have the Shockwave player installed. Even the PC's and macs here don't all have it, and it's p*****g me off big time.

Don't know where it's gonna be available yet, but our course leader hinted at an area here.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Going from personal experience, Flash seems the more popular Dan (not the most popular Dan, but the most popular, Dan!). I'd also consider Flash easier to learn, not that I'm any good at either, but a while ago I decided to get my finger out and have a Flash expert friend of mine teach me how to do it properly!

Watch this space in about 5 years time :lol:
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

I would say flash also, Macromedia reckon 95% of online PC/Mac's have flash player installed, also seems the flash installer gets on with firewalls better, I cannot get shockwave to install here cause of our firewall, took some rooting around the macromedia site to get it installed in the end, not something you would want the end user doing, visiting your site.

and tend to use Director for creating standalone versions of multimedia projects for mac/pc and use flash for the web.
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Cheers guys :)

Gotta be honest Mike - I found Director a lot easier to learn. Flash was a pain in the arse until they decided to put in MX here. I much prefer using Director, particularly due to the lingo options. I feel right at home in it! :D

I'll be getting my e-toy up shortly (something to pass the time away - musn't have an end, etc.) - so when I do opinions would be greatly appreciated. :)