Zelda!!

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Zelda!!

Post by Chain »

Left for work a little late today after the postman stuck a nice package through the door with Zelda wind waker on it..

:)

Not out till Friday so guess I'm going to *have* to try it out tonight.

beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

I was watching it run in my local game shop the other day. To be honest, the graphics are some of the best I've ever seen on any console to date.

The game scares me though - many hours lost .... erm, I may just have to get it at some point !
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

I think I might have to book a couple of days off next week I can see myself getting lost to Link and his world.. :)
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Friday is going to be a great day!
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

I think I must be the only person in the entire universe who has never really enjoyed Zelda. Maybe the GC version will change my view?
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

I have yet to play one either ..

So who knows it might be shite.. But I felt I should give it a go.
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

I think mine turned up today aswell! Id be excited but i havent got a gamecube yet and wont be home to stop my neighbours from nicking it til the weekend. Grr!
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Sort it out!

Only 89.99 at Dixons or 99.99 at Blockbusters..

Whats your feeble excuse ?

:p

Gosh I have so many good games to play I think I heads going to explode..

Btw- Super Smash Bros is pretty fun, managed to play it the other day as Pikachu (PIKA!) .. Err.. Yeah :P

Plus my local Blockbusters is selling games for it at 25 quid!!!
Me thinks I might *have* to buy The Sonic Collection tonight after all.. :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Zelda has always been a top game, although I only completed 3/4 of it on the N64 before getting side-tracked by Perfect Dark.

The only downside, is the time investment and you always, ALWAYS, get sticking points where the puzzles get rather obscure. I have read that this version has been streamlined and dumbed down a little, which will probably make it far more playable to the impatient (Simon sticks his hand up high!).

So, all things considered, I don't think any of you will be upset at what you have just bought. Prepare to lose hours and have arguments with your partners as chores get neglected.
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Im too skint to get a gc probly for a couple weeks but it'll either be a 78.99 argos one if they ever get em in stock or one off ebay for about the same price with a few games.. although im still tempted to flog my zelda and go for a midi controller keyboard instead. Got to find out if you can hit chickens. Thatll confirm my decision for sure :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

If there are chickens in the game, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to belt them one .... strange boy :?
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Have you played it yet Chain? What do you think? And have you seen any chickens in it?? :)
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Err.. I have been so busy doing some err work (sorry shouldn't swear like that) that I haven't had time I have a couple of hours set aside for it tomorrow night so I'll let you know then.

;)
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

i played it today..... quite a cool game

although no chickens yet you cigarette!!

Yam Boy
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Hey no chickens but some pigs and Seagulls..
;)

PLayed it for 3 hours last night.. What a fab game you really get to feel for Link .. The experssions are startling to say the least.. I just feel like I should be playing it again..

I know a lot of people have never really got on with the Zelda type games.. But COME ON.. It's fab..
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Cool. Picked up a gc yesterday. Only had a quick 5 minute go so far but it seems quite nice. Saw some pigs! I hope to interfere with them later :) Going into town now to trade in this stinking Sonic Mega Collection that came with the machine for Metroid or something. :)
jimi d
Supreme Member

Post by jimi d »

Definatley get Metroid, got it last week.....ahhhh what a game :D
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Oh God, I can feel money going out of my account again :cry:

Yeah, Metroid & Zelda though ......... :lol:
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Ian - pick up a freeloader disk and you are more than welcome to borrow Mario Sunshine / Luigi's / Rogue Squadron 2 if you like. I also have Monkey Ball (which is ok'ish - not really my bag) / Burnout (superb!) on PAL.

Also have Waverace, but you can't borrow that - one I am still playing !
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Check out play.com for the Action Replay for the GC much better with more options but it also is cheap at 17.99 cheaper than most shops are selling the Freeloader at!

Guess what I'm playing this afternoon?
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Wasnt going to get a freeloader disc. Theres only a few games i want to play and i dont mind waiting for pal versions. Wouldnt mind borrowing monkey ball and burnout tho :) Zeldas really good. Feels just like the n64 one just new and improved. Only played a bit of metroid so far, really nice gfx. Bit confusing at the mo but im just getting used to it. Need to rest my eyes a few minutes and i'll stick it back on. :)
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

Chain wrote: Guess what I'm playing this afternoon?
Zelda perchance?!?!?

i wasted 3 & 1/2 hours watching my mate play it this afternoon...

i am quite tempted into purchasing a Gamecube (only £130 with Zelda) ..... but i only just bought a mountain bike so a little skint at the moment.... looks a damn fine game to play...

Yam Boy
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Opps thats Sunday and Monday lost to Zelda.. I don't think my other half is going to buy me anthing with Z in the name for awhile :shock:

This game should be banned.. I'm even thinking about it now...

Arghhh

I feel so gutted I never got to play all the other Zeldas now.. Something tells me I'm going to be buying some more Nintey stuff.. :)
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

ahhh well i went and purchased my first Nintendo....

bought the Zelda pack and Metriod for an extra £25, along with a mem card...

Metriods fecking well cool.... just got cracking on Zelda now... spent too many hours watching my mate play i thought it was worth the $

Yam Boy
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Nobody's mentioned the Zelda Master Quest... anybody given that a go? I know it's a suped-up harder version of Ocarina, just wondering if anybody's checked it out yet...