FlashMX

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

FlashMX

Post by Chain »

Ok starting to do a bit of Animation in this little baby and have come up against a problem..

I'm trying to send a number of objects across a screen say from bottom to top.. with some others doing the same but at a different time..

So I have setup a number of Layers and have certain objects doing this now comes the problem.. I want the objects to wrap around and do it again and again.. BUT.. I want them to do it seperatly rather than the whole animation looping I want to loop the layers..

Is it possible?

Tried adding a keyframe gotoAndPlay (number) but that seems to effect the whole animation.. :(

Anyone got any ideas?
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Not a Flash pro myself Chain (am attempting to be taught!), but am I correct in thinking that Dan has dabbled quite a lot? Maybe and idea to give hime a shout, or pose your question on alt.macromedia.flash
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

It is possible but "DAN" knows how :wink:

Sorry, that was less than useful :oops:
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Build these objects as seperate movie clips then place them on your stage so they are independant of your maintime line.

Easiest way to do this is probably make your object select it completely press F8, select movieclip and give it a name, click ok, then make sure black cursor is selected, double click, this should go into the object and now produce animation/tween inside the object.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Build these objects as seperate movie clips then place them on your stage so they are independant of your maintime line.

Easiest way to do this is probably make your object select it completely press F8, select movieclip and give it a name, click ok, then make sure black cursor is selected, double click, this should go into the object and now produce animation/tween inside the object.
I've done this and created four objects that move from top to bottom and left to right in seperate layers. With the main timeframe a single seperate (nothing on it) line..

But as I would like certain things to be in different places at the start its pretty hard to get them to loop round without effecting the others..

Bit lost here to be honest.. My Flash Skills are certainly out of whack (i used Flash 4 for some basic stuff but FlashMX is a new kettle of fish)..

Anyone got any links for help..?
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Flash is a pain in the a*se for me, I always found it awkward. Director, fine, but Flash.... I'm trying to learn MX myself, so really can't be much help. I was sure ActionScript (for looping) could be applied to different layers separately, but I have a lot to learn...

A guy on my course has done a lot more than me - http://www.experimentationisnotawaste.com - Ben. Well worth asking him.

Sorry, been away for a while and just going through many of the posts now. Got a few projects on the go at the moment, never been so busy!!