A lack of morality

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Mobious
Supreme Member

A lack of morality

Post by Mobious »

Yesterday i arrived at the train station to see what I thought was a pile of clothes at the end of the station. There were a number of people on the platform so I didnt think to much of it until I got closer and I realised it was a man. I ran across to him and he had a huge gash in his head and was bleeding badly, I shouted across to some of the other people on the platform and asked if they had seen what happened and they said he had been lying there for a while. I asked had anyone called an ambulance and they just shrugged!!!! I had to revive the gentleman and call an ambulance, and about 2 min later the ambulance was arrived and took over. After I got on the train a couple of people said well done, and I said why the hell didnt you check to see he was ok? The answer? Oh I thought he was drunk. That man could have died, and it would have been because no one could be arsed to help. I felt very very angry as I travelled home. However I did feel better when today the same thing happened and a couple of people rushed across to check the person was ok. What makes people not want to get involved? On a different note I will be putting a few things in the post for you tommorow Mr Beard :)
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Good job you was there James.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

"Because of the increase in wickedness, the love of most will grow cold" ... Jesus commenting on one of the signs of the last days.
No idea James - all very disturbing. Glad you stepped in and helped.

Most people are scared to get involved and fearful of stepping away from the herd to lend a hand.
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

Mobious saves the day.. good on you.....

which train station was this?

most of them have video camera's now.....

James
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Again bloody good going there... :)

Unfortunately the "compensation culture" takes some blame for the reason people won't help anymore. If you do, sometimes you can find yourself being dug into ever deeper holes, even by the person you helped.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Have to admit to having odd feelings abut this..
I wouldn't know where to start and would prob just freak out..

I remember a situation a couple of years ago where someone started to have a epileptic fit next to me while I was playing cards at a tournament, I just sat there while my friend (A Teacher) rushed to help and sorted it out, most people just walked off..

Afterwards I chatted to my friend and mentioned I had no idea what to do and had just stopped and looked like a frightened rabbit. He said it ws ok, I think he dealt with not just the victim but everyone else too who had been shocked by the event.

I suppose I should go and learn basic first aid.. Or at the very least show more interest in what goes on around me. I have stopped at accidents before now offering help, but think I would have just watched as you went to this guys aid. Not too hot.. :(