Opinions? CV Flash Project

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Opinions? CV Flash Project

Post by dan »

I've finally managed to get into Flash big-time, and actually started to enjoy it!! As part of a my final year, I have to do an Interactive CV. I've put what I've done so far up at http://www.sleepingboy.co.uk - just wondered what people thought.

It's still VERY rough - so far only one "button" is clickable, and there's no way back from the other screen to the main one. It's a work-in-progress but want to get an overall impression as to how it feels. :)

Also you lot are better front-end designers than I am... ;)

(also will ad I'm working on a standard HTML front page so it won't go straight into Flash as it does now. ;))
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

It is no bad concept and will work with a bit of fiddling and tweaking.

I think the joystick could be rendered a little more clearly. I knew what it was (due to my history) but others may look and think, "what the hell?"

Maybe use a different perspective with the joystick. You could also have the joystick hooked up to a C64.

Maybe you could use a 1980s style TV screen in the background? When you press the button, the screen flickers and the text fades in?
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Yeah, it's that joystick that's been annoying me too... :)
Think I took the role of vector graphics a bit to seriously on that one...

I've already had a few puzzled looks over it! It's been either a vacuum cleaner or a coat hook (which lights up! hehe). My main thought (as someone else suggested) is to have a side view of the joystick as the splash page, then when it's clicked on it changes its perspective.

Many thanks for the thoughts... some ideas there I'll fiddle with. ;)
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

I had the same thoughts.. I would most likely use a bug type of joystick too as this is more common (people who didn't see the early computer joysticks would have seen a joystick very much the same in the arcades).

An angle would help generate the right perception in a persons mind too..

The idea of a TV screen sounds cool...

How about an Arcade type cabinet or even a cocktail type cabinet.. Joystick on the side with screen in the middle.. If your feeling upto it how about having something like defender running under the text on the screen?

Nice idea though :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

If your feeling upto it how about having something like defender running under the text on the screen?
Or Savage Platforms :lol:

When were you going to finish that game Mike - I'm still waiting !!!
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

beardfreak wrote:
If your feeling upto it how about having something like defender running under the text on the screen?
Or Savage Platforms :lol:

When were you going to finish that game Mike - I'm still waiting !!!
And here's me thinking I'd got away with being a lazy bastard!
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Hehe... :)

A mate of mine who still gets CS told me that you were still working on it and would be released soon still as an exclusive! :D

Confirmed or denied?... ;) :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

A mate of mine who still gets CS

Is that STILL going :shock: :shock: :shock:
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

beardfreak wrote:
A mate of mine who still gets CS

Is that STILL going :shock: :shock: :shock:
It's a yearly publication now or something.... put into binders. Not sure how it works exactly. :?

Their next project is to recreate Doom on the 64 according to their site! :shock: :shock: (I only just looked now! I have switched, remember?!)

Hey Simon, I just remembered..... in my rather "enthuisiastic" days (call em that for reference) you said it would make your day if I took some video of me smashing up a C64... will a joystick or a disk drive do? :lol: ;)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

you said it would make your day if I took some video of me smashing up a C64... will a joystick or a disk drive do?
No don't do it ... it's only a joke. If I had my C64 + disk drive and the will power, I'd still power it up from time to time.

But, if you do feel the need :twisted: - then please post the piccies here.
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

No don't do it ... it's only a joke. If I had my C64 + disk drive and the will power, I'd still power it up from time to time.
I got rid of my entire setup, apart from a few bits and pieces. It's all Power64 and SIDPLAY now! :) Still got one C64 left in the garage at home.

I am taking apart a joystick, hence my comment. (sorry!) :D :D I thought it would be quite clever to put a business card and a mini CD in the bottom of one to keep a theme going... ;)