Too true ?

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Too true ?

Post by beardfreak »

A friend mailed me this today and it snapped me back to reality. I felt my energies slipping away this afternoon. Too true ...
Boy, am I tired. For years I’ve blamed it on age, poor blood, lack of vitamins, air pollution and other maladies that make you wonder if life’s worth while.

But I’ve found out it’s not that – it’s because I’m over worked. The population of this country is 51 million. 21 million are retired, that leaves 30 million to do the work.

There are 19 million in school. That leaves 11 million to do the work. Two million are unemployed and four million are employed by the Government. That leaves five million to do the work.

One million are in the Armed Forces, leaving four million to do the work. Three million are employed by councils, leaving one million to do the work.

There are 620,000 people in hospital and 379,998 in jail. That leaves two people to do the work. You and me. And you’re sitting on your backside reading this – no wonder I’m tired.
Made me smile as well :wink:
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Like it LOL

Very good..
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Shane - now thrusting my righteous sword of flaming blue mercy into the hideous hoards of chaos ...

Many thanks :D
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

I take it you got D+D then???

I'm just getting Baldurs Gate 2 (rubs palms with anticipation) at the moment.... only 1.4 gig to go :D

Yam Boy
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Yep - D&D Heroes - very nice it is to 8) The graphics are a little bit muddy in places and there does not seem to be realtime shadowing - which would add to the atmosphere slightly. On the plus side, its easy to get in to and there is loads to see and do. Very, very arcadey I thought upon first impression. After a few hours of play, I became hooked.

I didn't realize BG2 was out yet??? Oh dear, I hope it doesn't blow D&D too far out of the water, as I have spent about 5 hours playing it today with two friends. All that progress, all that progress .....
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Lucky for me I finished D&D on friday night.. Very good fun and to find out Baldurs Gate 2 is here now too well.. fab.. :)

Tried getting into PSO but its not the same multiplayer offline no quests :(

such is life..
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

yup Baldurs Gate 2 is out, check out ircspy.com or packetnews.com

can't leech from either of them, but a friend of mine was uploading it to my PC...

it cut out with 200 meg to go so i'll have to wait until tomorrow to get the remaining files :(

Yam Boy
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Cool.. :)

MOH RS is also on its way to you ;)
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

D&D Heroes, I have to say, I was rather dissapointed with. I felt it was quite a linear expereince which i had seen a millions times before. I have had DA for 3 days now, and I have to say it was a far better experience, and better developed. You can tell the difference in quality straight away. Also worth a mention is Goblin Commander, just recently got Top Spin which is simply fab, and I think I prefer Deus Ex2 on PC than Xbox. Been very very busy at work. We have been battling to meet our milestones. but we have been getting good responses, and I have been learning lots about designing games and game mechanics. So hi to everyone, it was also funny that Preeny didnt recognise Kate to start off with! Hehe
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Hi Moby

Long time no hear ...

Could you drop me an email please, I appear to have lost your Email address.

Tar !
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Many times have I said I might be I might not..

But it now appears 99.99999999% that by Xmas this year I will be living in (or around) Manchester...

So.. on the bright side BITL 5 is there this year :p
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

Mobious wrote:it was also funny that Preeny didnt recognise Kate to start off with! Hehe
lol did she tell you that she can get you cheap Jackie Chan DVD's???

quite barmy that she now works about 5 metres away from me....

Yam Boy
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Chain wrote:But it now appears 99.99999999% that by Xmas this year I will be living in (or around) Manchester...

So.. on the bright side BITL 5 is there this year :p
Bugger... I'll be the only one here stuck down South... :cry:

Oh well, only four months til reality arrives. :)