Interesting

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Interesting

Post by dan »

Missed a phone call from Apple last night, but they left a message on my answerphone saying they want to "discuss the situation". Don't know what to make of that.

What makes this more interesting is the phone call came from their customer services (again!) - the same people whom I called "unhelpful and arrogant". Any advice on how to deal with them? I'm armed with everything that has been written in case the twisting of words comes up again. :?
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Hmm I'd be a little careful about speaking to them on the phone at this stage. I'd be interested in speaking either face to face or ni writting as you could end up saying something you didn't want to on the phone, even a small slip of the tongue can cause nightmares with legal wrangles.

Next time they phone if you answer I would suggest that you say that you are not willing to discuss the matter over the phone and would like either a face to face meeting or at the very least something written.

I can't seem to remember where you got to with them but I would assume you have taken legal advice to reclaim the money.. Something about you were going to take them to small claims?

If you have said you want to take them to small claims they may now be trying to 'Talk you round' by trying to get you to admit the fault was yours and except a small refund as a gesture of goodwill.

I'm always a little concerned when dealign with claims over the phone as they may well tape the conversation and only use half in their defence.

If they do phone and try and talk to you you might want to throw the 'Twisting my words' line at them and suggest that perhaps this is *not* the best course of action.

I dunno.. I think you may get your money back but sadly your never get a "I'm Sorry" which at the end of the day is what you deserve. :(

I feel pretty grim at the moment myself as my wifes car blew up on Friday and the local ford garage have been about as much help as a hole in the head, which is not good for a car under warranty and less than 2 years old! Grr..

Anyway so you know - My borther-in-law complains like a good'en about *anything* and has had some results over the years too.. Sort of makes you wonder if you have to be a Pro to get results though :(
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Ouch mate - hope that gets sorted soon! :shock:

The trading standards lady I spoke to advised me to be very wary about taking the small claims route, particularly after I payed for the repair (it may be seen as an admission that I *may* have been responsible for damaging the computer).

I just gave that lady a ring again, and she told me like yourself to be extremely careful about what is said, and if possible to have a witness present. I may try and talk to them with my lecturer, who has apparently exchanged some words with members of the customer services people. :roll:

The union has a lawyer I can speak to. I suppose to look on the positive side that Apple want to talk about it! They certainly haven't in the past.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

One small point...

.Have you checked the Newsgroups? I do belive there is a consumer one and maybe even one for complaints about Apple? Might be worth a look but again be careful what you say on there as Apple will most likely read it too. But by all means check the info out on there.

;)

Good luck matey.
dan
Supreme Member

We were right to be worried...

Post by dan »

Just had a phone call from them. They said they wouldn't refund the repauir costs, dismissed my arguments that the damage should have been noticed on hand-in (apparently you need an engineers degree to notice cracked cases) and they did my best to make out I was accusing everybody in the sun of causing damage, and tried making out I was 'implying' certain things I wasn't.

This time, I have a witness... :?