Argos - GC a no no !

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Argos - GC a no no !

Post by beardfreak »

Hi there

Just picked up the new Argos catalogue and they have dropped the Gamecube. Weird eh! A sign of it's lack of hold in the Uk no doubt. Probably best nip into town and see what they are selling off :wink:
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Sad that such a great little console seems to be getting fook all support from the big N. Will these companies never learn? I suppose one advantage of a console going tits-up is that you get the chance to grab a bunch of games at bargain basement prices. Look at the Dreamcast for instance. Games selling from about three quid on eBay, and as I write, there is a console, 1 game, controller + VMU for £20 about to end in an hour!
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

From a developers point of view, the console wasn't the easiest to deal with, due to the custom size of the disks, which meant that porting games wasn't as straight forward. Nintendo have always technically done good machines, but they never bothered to support the european market properly. Britain is now the 3rd largest market console wise after Japan and the US, outselling the like of France and Germany, however when was the the last time you saw a GC advert? They are the masters of their own destruction, and although they will always do quality in house games, thats not enough in todays market. Heres a thought for you. If you look at chartrack, the all format top 40, how many GC or Xbox games for that matter can you see?
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

I went to Merry Hill monday..... had a quick nose to see if there were any decent gamecube games worth a purchase..

quite a few bargains, the new Bond Game for £15

but nothing that made me want to part with my money...

anyone here got any good recommendations?

I've started trying to play Metriod again.... but the game's a bit too open... i've spent 1/2 hour at a time in an area that's no use to me at present (but is accessable :( )

Good game apart from that... just a tad irritated and lost as to what the hell i'm supposed to be doing.....

Yam Boy
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Sad to see that happen..

I picked up James Bond for less than a tenner from Blockbuster a month or so ago.. and then Bomberman Generations (one of the best versions I've played too!) for a tenner

Went into town on Sunday and picked up 2 yes TWO games for less than a tenner!! At MVC.. :shock:

Oh well.. :(
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

It all looks like the N64 all over again and in many ways it is. Smacks a bit of the success of the DC as well..... overshadowed by bleedin' Sony & Xbox now.

So much to offer the world scene by way of true artistic merit and then, blam, the whole ship seems to be sinking.

Mind you, if the "herd" accept something to their bossom, like The Sony marketing machine, then you know that true art lies elsewhere. Marketing = money + money = greed + greed = souless products .... get it ?
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

Just to let you know, that I have posted the disks for Kernal & Beardy. Sorry for the oversized envelopes but I ran out of them. For some unknown reason, I was having real problems doing the sims, so in the end I got it from a ng. Let me know when you both get them. I have tested both so they should be ok. I posted them a new st station, and it was a bugger getting them into the post box as they now have security boxes as appparently people use them to dump their needles. On a different note did anyone see me on Breakfast news on BBC1 yesterday? It was really funny i got the station and my train was cancelled so I was shaking me fist cursing at the board, when I turned round and there was a film crew in my face!!! I was really embarrased and so when they asked me what i thought of the trains, I said I think its better I dont say my feelings towards the trains this morning!! :lol:
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Damn - no, I would have loved to see that shot on TV !! Arg .........

Thanks for the game James, could you Email your home address to me please?

Cheers :wink:
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Mobious wrote:Just to let you know, that I have posted the disks for Kernal & Beardy.
Cheers matey. The CD arrived this morning. Much appreciated.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Same here Jimmy B ... thanx :D
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

COOL :D I have to admit that KOTOR I have been really impressed with. Plenty to keep you going! So has anyone seen Eidos new image and mission statement? I havent heard a bigger load of sloblox in my life! One thing I would say though, is there is release schedule is looking very interesting. In particular it will be interesting to see the new legacy of kain game now they have given TR to Crystal Dynamics.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Well, Eidos are really a joke. Nothing shocks me. Tomb Raider is a dead franchise now, but Eidos do not have the balls to drop it.

Shame :wink:

Deus X 2 - I hope that one turns out ok and possibly the next Thief.