Demo collecting

This forum is for 64/128 specific info/requests etc.
xIII
New User

Demo collecting

Post by xIII »

HI,

I'm working on my c64 demo collection and I was wondering which Kernal demos are missing. I have:
- Amiga Memories
- Clone Unit 2
- Minidemo
- Rocking Ghosts
- The Last one

If there are others, please inform me and maybe you can mail them later...

thanx
xIII /Warriors of the Wasteland
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Oh gawd - Please burn them all!

Off the top of my head:

Double Take
Clone Unit II
Kernal's Chaos
Jeff Minter
Haunted House
Advert Demo
Crystal Zone
Indecision
Packed
Gassed
Time Traveller
Compunet Mk2
Andy Braybrook
Special FX
Bombjack Demo
Magic Pond
the Last One
Mr.Heli
Bloxxed
Chicken Noodles
Minidemo
Konfuzed
Sanxion 1
Future Disk Plus
Xmas Demo
Sanxion - Stall II
CD Zoids
Dented
Mega Apocalypse 2
System Recall
Amiga Memories
Hero Why?
Amiga Add On
Face It
Basbot
Escape
Uridium
Looney Sentinel
Rockin' Ghosts

And, erm, I suppose you could now also count my last effort, Savage Platforms as a demo now :)

There's quite a few more but it's too late the the evening for me to think about them. I still have most of them, but a lot have been lost in the mists of time (specially the ones after Cnet died). If I have any you don't have then you're welcome to copies, so long as you don't show them to anyone!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Remember seeing one of your demos years ago on a pirate tape full of games (Jimi D will maybe remember - I saw it round his house). It had a bald Wizard bloke with stuff moving around on his desk. Great stuff at the time.

Never even knew you then Mike ! Your Kernal name was in a small way a legend amongst thieves.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

beardfreak wrote:Remember seeing one of your demos years ago on a pirate tape full of games (Jimi D will maybe remember - I saw it round his house). It had a bald Wizard bloke with stuff moving around on his desk. Great stuff at the time.

Never even knew you then Mike ! Your Kernal name was in a small way a legend amongst thieves.
Ahh. That was the one with lotsa Hubbard tunes.

A very small way a leg-eng I'll bet! Seriously though, I cringe when I see my stuff these days, but I supose most people are the same when viewing work from many years ago (over 12+ up to about 17 years on the C64!). Does bring back nice memories of writing my first demos just for my own enjoyment, rather than wanting to battle my way up some demo charts :)

I've quite fancied whipping out the old C64 and writing a new demo incorporating some new routines/less sloppy code (just for my own amusement mind) but alas apathy usually sets in before I can be bothered :) Fantastic little computer, but sadly times have moved on.

I like to whip out VICE every now and then for a quick bash on some old '64 classics, but I think it'll be a long long time before I power up the real thing.
xIII
New User

Post by xIII »

kernal wrote:Oh gawd - Please burn them all!

There's quite a few more but it's too late the the evening for me to think about them. I still have most of them, but a lot have been lost in the mists of time (specially the ones after Cnet died). If I have any you don't have then you're welcome to copies, so long as you don't show them to anyone!
Would be great if you could put them online somewhere for me (and maybe other collectors?) to grab ?! I didn't knew there would be that much !

thanx
xIII
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

xIII wrote:
kernal wrote:Oh gawd - Please burn them all!

Would be great if you could put them online somewhere for me (and maybe other collectors?) to grab ?! I didn't knew there would be that much !

thanx
xIII
I'll fish as many out as I can over the next day or two and post you a link to download them.
xIII
New User

Post by xIII »

I'll fish as many out as I can over the next day or two and post you a link to download them.
great !
thanx

xIII
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

OK. I found a bunch of old stuff of mine. There is more on another CD, but I can't seem to find that at the moment. I'll have a look in the next few days and get the rest uploaded here.

I've zipped them all up into a 350k file, which can be found here:

http://www.64apocalypse.com/files/kernal.zip

Each seperate demo is in .T64 format.
Richard

Post by Richard »

kernal wrote:OK. I found a bunch of old stuff of mine. There is more on another CD, but I can't seem to find that at the moment. I'll have a look in the next few days and get the rest uploaded here.

I've zipped them all up into a 350k file, which can be found here:

http://www.64apocalypse.com/files/kernal.zip

Each seperate demo is in .T64 format.
By crom.... Why tape format?
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Richard wrote:
By crom.... Why tape format?
Easier to manage, less space wastage. Easier to catalog.