How dead is the C64 ?

This forum is for 64/128 specific info/requests etc.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

How dead is the C64 ?

Post by beardfreak »

Pretty dead sadly ... only fond memories ... RIP in little friend :cry:
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Check out www.c64audio.com its still kicking and every couple of years someone pops up with this great about making a calculator or digital watch with the C64 built in too.. A bit like the Amstrad phone that has a spectrum built in. The edge did a little bit about it this month.. Although not very informative it does sort of tell the tale.. Not worth money to collectors more for the people who used to code it etc in the 80's and 90's

Ahhh fond memories..
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

I was wondering how many people still use a real C64 these days? My setup has been packed away for eons, and will probably remain so. Every now and then I do dip into one of my '64 CDs for a brief period of rememberance, which lasts maybe an hour or so.

The emulation accuracy is about 99% now, and even better now the colour bleed of a cheap monitor/TV is now emulated.

I can't imagine coding something for release these days (be it commercial or just to spread). I can see myself knocking up a quick demo in years to come, just for the sake of seeing if I can remember how to program the thing :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

The innocence and buzz of those days was remarkable. It was definetly a special time to live through. The home game market exploded and we were there!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

see - told you it was dead :wink:
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Cheeky bugga.. ;)

I'll have to send you some of the audio CD's I picked up a couple of months ago.. yes yes.. C64 remixes but still some are very well done ;)

Watch your letter box for 20,000 cd's (REVENGE!!)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :lol:
Richard

Post by Richard »

kernal wrote:I was wondering how many people still use a real C64 these days? My setup has been packed away for eons, and will probably remain so. Every now and then I do dip into one of my '64 CDs for a brief period of rememberance, which lasts maybe an hour or so.

The emulation accuracy is about 99% now, and even better now the colour bleed of a cheap monitor/TV is now emulated.

I can't imagine coding something for release these days (be it commercial or just to spread). I can see myself knocking up a quick demo in years to come, just for the sake of seeing if I can remember how to program the thing :)
I still own a Commodore 64. It's still alive and I have a big collection of tapes, since I been buying these online on a UK retro store. However, most of the time when I programmed stuff for the scene, I used various cross-platform tools ;)

The C64 scene is still alive, but not as alive as it used to be in the 1990's
face276

Getting it

Post by face276 »

[quote][/quote]

All of that and I still dont get it.
face276

Where?

Post by face276 »

[quote][/quote]

Okay I get that but where is all of this going?