SEUCK

This forum is for 64/128 specific info/requests etc.
Richard

SEUCK

Post by Richard »

I have been writing SEUCK games in the past between 1991 and 1999, I also did a special one this year for Commodore Scene (You wont see it on my web site, and I wont give it you either). However, this is not the reason why I have posted this message.

How SEUCK games did any of you ever produce on a Commodore 64 and Amiga? Were you impressed with the overall result. Did it appear in a C64 magazine on covermounted cassette or disk? :?:
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

I am most happy to report I never made a single SEUCK game in my entire life, not even started one. Not that I have anything against using it for creating your own stuff, for amusement and to pass to firends etc. But continual use over years, without bothering to learn 'proper' coding is a waste of your Commodore life :)

It's a good tool to learn the basics of game creation, but damn, you can't be the freedom of expression a monitor/assembler and 60 odd K of free memory gives you!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Made about 7 I think on C64 and thoroughly enjoyed making them. Like to think I injected a little of myself into each creation.

U-R-REG being my most famous creation :wink:

My fave game that I made with SEUCK was Day Out - the pinnacle of my work with the package.

A great toy, but there were definetly too many shit SEUCKS knocking about, with little to no imagination and effort put into the final work.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Same as Mike with this one.. I learned the hard way, although some would say I never learned enough ;)

To be honest SEUCK appeared when I was getting pretty good at coding so I left it by the way side. I don't think it was a bad thing but it always stuck me that you were limited pretty badly in what you could do with the package :(

My main packages I used where the excellent 3in1 gfx editor
and the great Cross assembler package (I used 2 C64's).

Final Cartridge, Expert Cartridge (how good was that?) were the hardware bits and bobs..
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Seuck could have been a lot better. It desperately needed the ability to add and define power ups, have an editor to create a bitmap frontend to the final game and also the ability to add music.

Sideways scrolling would have been nice as well, aside from that though, great fun !
face276

Post by face276 »

[quote][/quote]

Do people reply to responses here?:I
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

sometimes :)
face276

uhh

Post by face276 »

[quote][/quote]