Bye Bye Vestas..

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Bye Bye Vestas..

Post by Chain »

Well today I handed in my notice.

Things have been going badly for me over the last couple of months with chest pains and general depression.

So I snapped when my Boss only offered 3% of a payrise and nothing else.

Be a shame to leave but I think I have made the right choice as I'm already feeling better in myself.. I have even stopped slouching as I type this I really don't know what the future holds but having an impact on the renewables sector and making my mark will stay in my memory.

Onwards and upwards!
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

I was going to do a reply to this earlier but was called away and the idea got lost in the post.

But was going to say after your job upheaval a couple of years (how time flys), I suppose that period puts the whole job changing situation into a new light and makes it easier to deal with :) Also not forgetting your new amount years of experiance under your belt in a different role.

Good luck finding a new job or direction though :)
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

LOL..

A couple of days can have a big impact of life can't it?

A lot has happened since that post and I'm now car-less and have the same job after retracting my resignation.

Basically I had my car stolen on Sunday while working (yes WORKING) and have lost around 8k worth of my own equipment, only lost about 2k of the companies.. Oh and a Brand new (05, 1 month old) car.

:(

So I now sit here with no ID waiting for it to all arrive after ordering new copies etc.. Nightmare.. Couldn't even leave the house until today as had to get the locks changed..

Man life sucks sometimes..

LOL

Hey where did you get the Avatar from looks very MTG to me ;)
WTF - It's now changed.. freaky.. lol
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Its some PHP code I wrote along time ago that randomly changes my avatar :)

http://www.stelf.com/b63/ - I did mean to add more avatars but like everything failed to find the time/motivation after the initial surge :) But it was always just a pet project :)

Shame about your car and equipment got stolen, hope insurance coughs up for everything.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Man my life is changing so fast I'm lost!

I have just had my Boss phone me up and tell me I'm finished with the company on Friday.. Man this is doing my head in..

Either the world is screwed up beyond belief or I'm losing my mind as this just doesn't seem to compute.

Ahh well.. Another stressful week (I'm sure they're doing this in the hope that I have heart failure due to the stress).. :(
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

Well sorry to hear about the upheavel. As for the chest pains thats hyper tension for you, and its something I first had around 5 years ago when I was Eidos. I was working and crime fighting when I got home, and all that stress manifested itself in the shape of chest pains.

I remember the first time it happened I thought I was having a heart attack.

The best thing you can do is rather than fight it, is to accept that it is happening (although its unpleasant) and recognise that when it does happen to you dont concentrate on it, but realise you just need to take some out, and just try to put your mind on to somethings else.

I am buying my first house at the min, and work is very stressful, so I am getting it on and off at the min, so try not to concentrate on it.

If you need any help or advice give send me a pm and I will try and help :)
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Cheers Moby...

Man been told by a few friends that it was tension, Doctor thinks its panic attacks, me I'm not too sure..

Now in a really worry position and not sure what to do to get out of it.. Trouble is, as I'm sure you know, once you get to this level of salary you can't just walk in and out of jobs..

Currently thinking about starting my own consultancy with a person who is in nearly the same position, well not as desperate for dosh as me, but then who is! Don't know if it will work to be frank but running out of ideas fast...

I have never been in a situation where I have been on the verge of losing everything.. Man why did I ever get a job in the first place.. Life on the Dole was so much less stressful.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

There is always the backdoor option Shane.

A friend of mine had serious anxiety problems and he saw no way out.... so - he declared himself bankrupt, went 'on the sick' and moved into a rented flat.

Several years later on, and he is in much better health and is stable again, with money in the bank.

There is usually a way out of these situations, sometimes that way out means dropping the current lifestyle and starting anew.

I can appreciate the panic attack situation - been there and go there still occasionally.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

I wish you all the luck in the world mate.