What to do?

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

What to do?

Post by Chain »

There is a guy at work who is taking the piss as far as I'm concerned.

Now I know we all do our little bit where games for the Xbox are concerned but this guy is making a business out of it and still pretending to do work (he has had more sick days than I can count !!).. This is made all the worse when you consider that eBay, Fast, Elspha amd Microsoft just don't seem to care!!!

To be honest as its impacting stuff I do here as he's not really around to offer support to people in the company..

:(

I can't really shop him to the company as I'm a consultant and it would also involve some meetings ending with me getting the boot regardless..

Anyone got any ideas?
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Personally I'd never make a business out of selling games, as I think it is totally unfair and immoral if you can afford to do otherwise. When I trade with friends I just make sure that costs are covered and often give disks away for free. These are my standards. I would never pay clowns for pirate games.

A man has to eat and feed his family for sure, but leaching off human society in this way is simply wrong (in my books).

Shop the creep if he is obnoxious slime :wink:
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Actually that didn't answer your question as such.

Shop him to who is the question? One I can't answer at the moment.

I'd probably send him an anonymous official sounding letter making it known that he is being watched as a friendly warning and than take it from there. Keep your eye on him. Make him profoundly paranoid, sow the seed of doubt in his mind :twisted: Paranoia can be great at halting activity.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Chortle.. Sadly he just doesn't give a damn .. He's quiet open about it in the office which is really shocking. :(

I thought about using his email account to send a message to everyone in the company asking them if they wanted a game and adding his list on to it, basically just forwarding one of his mails to the Group as a whole.. But thats a tad dangerous (IP / Computer back tracking is pretty easy in this eviroment sadly)..

Oh well..
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

hmm... difficult.
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Sorry, bit late on this one but just a thought...

Why don't you send an anonymous e-mail from another location to him asking for a copy of something, and "accidentally" also send it to the info@ or other "senior" addresses? Cover yout tracks that way. If he brags on about it that much then word of mouth would spread outside anyway.

A couple of quid in a cyber cafe well spent! Not even that if you knew what you're doing. (Which i don't, admittedly).

Good luck. :)