Here we go again!

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Here we go again!

Post by dan »

http://www.commodoreworld.com/Site/Desk ... =7&ModID=2

There's a live press conference going on now at:

http://www.commodoreworld.com/press/

This bit made me laugh:
with the powerful name C64 Direct-to-TV.
:D
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

I seem to remember hearing something about this ages ago and to be honest was pretty interested in it then..

It is pretty cheap and I'm sure a lot of people would be interested.. lets see though before we start to jump for joy.

It's not as if its a silly thing to do either with the SNES version of the GBA selling like hot cakes it makes sense to release something like this as there is most certainly a demand for it.

:)
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Oh don't get me wrong. It's just the wording of the press release, that I found funny. :)

There has also been so much random stuff coming out of Ironstone/Tulip it's hard to track down exactly what's going on... :roll:

I was in gadgetshop yesterday and saw the atari/namco ones.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Why sprang to mind :? :lol:

Problem for me, is that I have a PC that can play 99% of all old C64 games and never bother to run a single game now.

There is the argument that a plug & play unit would be viable I spose. It will probably appeal to the coffee table enthusiast who likes to remember the 80s.

Hmmm.... times they are a changin'
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Your right I suppose I have the whole Gamebase on my machine at home and never play a game .. :(

Although I do sit down for a game of Mario Kart on my Snes emu on the xbox (under the telly).. So.. maybe?

Who knows I have over 30 games for the GC and hardly ever play them :( I buy them because I yearn to play em but never have the time :(

*sob!*
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Time isn't a problem for me at the moment (work is slow to find).

It is more to do with standards changing for me.

I like remakes if they are well done, but can't quite get to grips with old 8-bit stuff anymore, without thinking, Halo etc