Thinking of becoming a Reseller of Webspace.. Worth it?

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Thinking of becoming a Reseller of Webspace.. Worth it?

Post by Chain »

I have been offered the chance to buy space on sharedservers for silly money and wonder if its worth doing?

I worked out I can sell the following for between 16-18 quid a year.. but is it worth the hassle.. any thoughts?

500MB Web Space
4Gb Bandwidth a month
unlimited everything (MySql etc etc etc).

Hmm Tempting..
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

I think its a good oppitunity if you can get the 'customers' to break even and make it worth while.

Maybe if your took on a few people to begin with, just to see the the type of problems that may occur, if any problems that pop up gets fixed and all goes smoothly then introduce the service to more people.

My only concern would be supporting it.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

As with anything like this, the easy part is the idea. The hard thing is getting people to know about it.

The rices seem good to mee, but remember, your going to have to supply support to people etc.

PS: On my 419eater.com site I'm up to 600meg+ of webspace, and around 20 gig a month bandwidth on average!
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Indeed..

I have been toying with the idea for a little while now but to be honest I haven't got the time ...

Anyway if anyone is looking for a cheap hosting service -

Try www.macoman.co.uk they have also started to do domain names now too... I suggest if anyone is interested they take a look I have 2 sites hosted with them at the moment and service has been brill.

Mention to Colin I sent you when you sign up (I know you will ;) )
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

For .com Domain Names, pop over to godaddy.com They are offering .com's for around £3.70, much better than the £25 123reg are charging :)
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Thanks for those links, it's something that's going to be coming in very useful over the next few months! :)