Whatever happened to....

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Whatever happened to....

Post by kernal »

Richard Bowen?

Just curious as I was throwing out some C.S. mags today (making room in the attic for more junk), and got to thinking. Simon, any ideas what he's up to these days? Perhaps Richard Bayliss is the man to ask. You there Rich? :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Blimey - Commodore Scene ... good while it lasted I spose. Quite enjoyed that time period of standing on a soap box over silly demos and things :wink:

Richard Bowen. Last I heard (kind of) ... Vincenzo was claiming to know where he had gone. All very secretive weird stuff.

I reckon it had all got to him and he didn't want the hassle anymore. He used to phone me regularly years ago and waffle on about demos and things. Then he just stopped.

All good clean C64 related fun.

Is Alan Bastard still running the mag ?
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Didn't RB bog off to the Channel Isles or somehwhere like that? I heard he left 'suddenly' under a dark cloud too. Shame really. It would be nice to know the real reasons for his departure.

I just popped over to Richard's site to post a similar message on his forum but it appears he's shut it down due to some kind of abuse.... tsk!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Hehe - poor old Richard and his forum. He opens himself up for abuse sadly.

It was a very odd event when RB vanished. I would speculate that there was more to the vanishing act than meets the eye as well.

Ah well ......... another set of surreal memories to glance over.

Remember the issue with Savage Platforms on the cover ?