Recently completed games ...

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Recently completed games ...

Post by beardfreak »

Beyond Good & Evil - finished ... quite nice. Cliche city throughout and no where near the standard of the recent Zelda/GC, but rather nice all the same. No replay value at all IMO.

Grabbed By The Ghoulies - fun while it lasted, but no desire to go back and slog my way through those freaks again.

Just glad I hadn't forked out £30-40 on the above :shock: - would have been well miffed. Both games are short and lack any kind of serious depth and subtle gameplay features.

... any decent games you dudes have nailed recently?
jimi d
Supreme Member

Post by jimi d »

Wario Ware.....

1080 Avalanche.....
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Whats 1080 like then? Does it compare to the N64 game? Haven't read a lot about it to be honest.

If anybody out there has the US or UK Soul Calibur for Xbox - can you let me know please?

Tar !
jimi d
Supreme Member

Post by jimi d »

1080's excellent, a nice update of the n64 version with great graphics and some nice extra modes, a bit short maybe if you're not into time attack and trick mode.....welcome to borrow it if you want...
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

just playing through the X-Box version of Tenchu 3 at the moment.... love it love it!!!!

also got Ninja Gaiden and Splinter Cell 2 i am currently playing....

hmmm Beyond Good and Evil was a lot of fun IMO although i probably wouldn't fork out £40 for it...... as you said bit a short... but fun whilst it lasted....

Yam Boy
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

I think one negative apsect of Beyond Good & Evil was the lack of use of the space craft. It took ages to upgrade to that craft type and then it was only used minimally. It was really good fun floating around using the ship and they could have exploited that aspect far more. Maybe including more sub-quests and more shoot'em up sections (StarFox style).

The Rasta Rhinos were a bit naff as well. The dreadlocks on the one looked rubbish. The static character animation overall lacked detail and dare I say it "character".

The creeping around sections were well put together. Very Metal Gear.

Overall the game felt like several game genres cobbled together to form one whole unit.

Kind of like a ready meal. Looks good on the box, then you take the box apart and look inside and it begins to look not so good. But you forgive it's inadequacies as you are hungry. Then you eat the meal. Full of promise, but never quite delivering the full taste expectation. Afterwards you ask yourself why you bothered in the first place, as you know if you had made another meal choice the fulfillment would have been greater due to each component part having higher nutritious value.

Hehe (like I paid for it anyway) .... .
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

i have got the US version of Soul Calibre 2

Beyond Good & Evil was simply a fun game, well it kept me occuppied for about a week and there are far worse games out there at the moment...

gotta agree with you on the lack of useage on the spacecraft, it would have been nice to have made better use of it....

but ahhh can't really grumble

Splinter Cell 2 is looking pretty good..... if you liked the 1st one that is

Ninja Gaiden seems to be quite similar to Devil May Cry

well in terms of graphics and the camera..... not played too far into either of them yet....

Yam Boy
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

May have to send you a couple of disks then :wink:

On a different note - has anybody heard anything about the forthcoming release of Unreal 2 on Xbox?

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/unreal2theawa ... efault.htm

It was supposed to be out by now. Not sure if it is worth the effort, but I am looking for another multiplayer game to lean away from Halo for a while.

My friends pretty much refuse to play anything but Halo. Which is fine for them, but I tend to win 100% of the time and it is getting dull.
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

i believe it's been on Emule for some time now...

haven't bothered to download it though

Yam Boy
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

beardfreak wrote:
May have to send you a couple of disks then :wink:

On a different note - has anybody heard anything about the forthcoming release of Unreal 2 on Xbox?
yeah send me some discs...no probs....

got Unreal 2 queued up but will probably up to or over a week as it's 3.8 gig

Yam Boy