Xbox Price Drop ...

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Xbox Price Drop ...

Post by Chain »

So it seems the mighty (hoho) Microsoft are cacking it big time and have dropped the price of the X-box to 129.99 from today.

Wonder who else is going to follow?

And to think I played a good 3 hours on my Playstation 1 last night with all the other consoles I own I still enjoyed play on my PSX.. Besides I may actually finish Wild Arms one day.. Stranger things have happened :lol:
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Noticed yesterday in town that GAME had already marked it down. I think it's not "cacking" it that promotes this move. Rather aggresive marketing to try and topple Sony I would assume and also leave Nintendo in it's wake.

Some of the games are bound to fall in price as well.

About time !
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

If the box goes sub £100 I may consider it. I can't help thinking that if I bought the Xbox I would mainly use it for emulation, which my PC can do better....
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Ahhhh - but you haven't seen the SNES emu :wink:
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

Well I have to say I am very interested in the Xbox, but I just got myself a nice Radeon 9700 cheap via Ebay, and I have enjoyed playing Unreal 2 with everything on, and really I still havent seen a game on the Xbox that I cant get on either my PS2 or Gamecube. I strongly recomend that you read Games TM mag, as it is aimed at the more experienced games player and I think it shits on Edge from a great height. When are we going to get something platform specific like metroid prime etc for the Xbox? That the big thing, there isnt something that really standout from the masses
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

I agree with most of what you say Mr Moby sir. I think it depends on what you want to do with the console. What I like (obviously) about the Xbox over the GC (forget the PS-poo) is the fact that you can pick up the odd copy and play superb emulators. Me being a naughty boy and not wanting to pay for everything, well, this makes me happy bunny :)

Exclusives ... hmmmm. Maybe not. Best versions, possibly ! Take Splinter Cell, best on Xbox and I would suggest that includes the PC version.

Wait for the likes of Project Gotham Racing 2 / Midtown Madness 3 / Crimson Skies 2. Oops - nearly forgot Jet Set Radio Future & Panzer Dragoon Orta - EXCLUSIVES !!! whoop .... whoop !!!