Doom 3

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Doom 3

Post by Yam Boy »

anyone played this yet?

what do you think of it???

grabbed a burn the other day, played it on my mates souped up PC and well it's feckin cool but very very dark....

gonna try it on my PC in a moment but i think it will fall....

still got a G-Force 2 in it.... time for an upgrade :?

Yam Boy
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

Had Doom3 for almost a week now. It is a good game and what is nice that you get different creatures appear depending on what level of difficulty you are at. I think your Geforce 2 is really going to push it to be honst with you and you need a minimum of 360MB RAM. Im running it on a P4 3.2 Ghz 1 GIG of 4100 RAM and a Radeon 9700 it runs nicely in 1200x1000 but can only run it in medium texture level. If you want to run it in super spangley mode then you have to have a card with 256Mb of RAM and I refuse to play £300 for a fecking card!!!!
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

yeah i need more Ram and a decent card....

currently on 256 ram and it was well sluggish...

birthday soon so will spend out then....

looks the bollox on my mates though, he's got it on the second highest setting...

Yam Boy
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

I will be attempting an install v-soon (when it lands) and will let you know how I get on. I popped a 2.2 GHz P4 in here a few months back and have an old 128 Meg G4-4600 in here + 1/2 Gig Ram ... so, we will see.

It just gets me down the PC market. I'd rather put up with a low res highly optimized game, than have to spend £900 updating my mobo+cpu+RAM+card again.

Waste of money for gaming unless you are seriously minted and don't mind 20 hours of game time costing you on average £45 an hour (after updating the entire system).

Bloomin' PCs.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Hmm downloaded this last week.. But haven't had the time to have a look yet.. I may stick it on here tonight and see how it gets on mines not top of the range though but fairly reasonable I hope AMD64 3Ghz, 1Gb Ram and a Geforce 4400 128Mb... Anyone know if Doom3 takes advantage of 64bit cpus?

:s
Yam Boy
Supreme Member

Post by Yam Boy »

beardfreak wrote:I will be attempting an install v-soon (when it lands) and will let you know how I get on. I popped a 2.2 GHz P4 in here a few months back and have an old 128 Meg G4-4600 in here + 1/2 Gig Ram ... so, we will see.

It just gets me down the PC market. I'd rather put up with a low res highly optimized game, than have to spend £900 updating my mobo+cpu+RAM+card again.

Waste of money for gaming unless you are seriously minted and don't mind 20 hours of game time costing you on average £45 an hour (after updating the entire system).

Bloomin' PCs.
may aswell just wait for the XBOX version..... think i am going to..... although my PC could do with a few $ spending...

just got back from a weekend of drugs and weed in Amsterdam so i am now brassic :D

Yam Boy
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Before it gets banned(!) can some kind soul offer me a copy?
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Sure mike PM your addr to me and I'll stick a copy in the post tonight.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Well, I can confirm that Doom 3 runs on my system, rarely glitching using the manufacturers settings.

It chose 640x480 and I thought - yuk!! Then loaded up and started exploring. To be honest, you can't really tell the game is running in a lower resolution due to the detail crammed into the game.

The character models are amazing. A leap forward.

Incredible software technology. It will be interesting to play the Xbox version. I wonder whether they will pull it off?

My system by the way:

2.2 Ghz P4
1/2 Gig Ram
Geforce 4 4600 (128 Meg)
Audigy 2
Abit TH7-II + Maxtor HD

So ... should run on most systems built within the last 2-3 years or so.

The game doesn't support Win 98/Me :shock: - first time I've seen that to be honest.

Anyway - there ya go guys.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Doom3 arrived this morning Chain, cheers.

Very impressive game, and great atmosphere too. Quite scary at the beginning when everything starts to go tits-up!
face276

Well Done

Post by face276 »

[quote][/quote]

:(! nice :))