What a day :(

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

What a day :(

Post by Chain »

Well just had one of the worst days of my life..

Best friend pop round to help me destroy a Shed and was feeling a little ill..

.. Took him home and said I'd drop of his jumper later on..

.. Went to drop off his jumper and his dad answered the door, asked how he was and .. He had died. This was my one true friend since school days someone who I respected more than anyone else in the world, and now he's dead. I'm lost for words and feel as if a part of me has been pulled out and left bloody on the floor, numb.

Just goes to show that no matter how you feel once you reach the tender age of 33 your life could well be over.. :(

Bit depressing... But I'll look back with a smile on the good times we had.. I can honestly say he had many friends perhaps 20-30 true friends who will miss him, me I had one true friend.. Makes me wonder about my life and who would feel the loss at my passing.

:cry:
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Its events like this that make you realise how short life is... :( Really sorry to hear that.

A couple of months ago I had a visit from the police while working, to say that they had the room keys for a deceased international student. A bit shocked, as I knew who he was and we had gotten along really well since he moved in.

There was more to come though - he had been out drinking, and had decided to walk along a railway line back to Southampton after getting lost (or so the police think). He was electrocuted, then hit by a train later on. I was a shoulder to cry on for the other international's involved, and I really felt for the parents who had to travel over from Norway to pick up their son's belongings. awful. He was 20, three years younger than me.

Also, it's difficult to realise just how many true friends you have at first, but the real ones come out when you need them. I've found that out many times.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

:( - what a horrible shock.
jimi d
Supreme Member

Post by jimi d »

Really sorry to hear that Chain, deepest sympathies...
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

That's a real kick in the balls mate. Sorry.