Pets and then they die ...

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Pets and then they die ...

Post by beardfreak »

:cry: - one of my cats is on her last legs and I have sat there looking at her and wondering why I ever took her on in the first place.

It really is dreadful to watch and thoroughly depressing. The emotional attachment can be devastating for us.

Just thought I'd share that vision for the day.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

:( Not good.. I have no pets now and really miss my dog and the birds we used to have but after much heart ache I have decided its not really fair on the animals with both of us working fulltime.

I really miss the company they give espically as we have no kids.. But well I was so devistated when Gizmo died I just can't bring myself to have another pet...

Had 3 cats at home.. Know how you feel :cry:
jimi d
Supreme Member

Post by jimi d »

Commiserations mate :(

Been through that ourselves, not very pleasent at all, but try to take comfort in the fact your pet had a full and enjoyable life...

Unlike my bleeding rabbit!! :o
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Yep - horrible. Thanks for the thoughts.

I think when these two have gone, I won't have anymore. I can't deal with the lows. I get too attached.
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

My parents always had pets around, and it's never easy dealing with losing them, sorry to hear about your cat.
Mobious
Supreme Member

Post by Mobious »

Sorry to hear the news. My dog is a pain in the ass, I have just had to fit new carpets in the kitchen as the dog ripped the old one apart. Fitted it myself and yesterday the fucker had chomped it!!! Its a shame I like him too much or I would of slapped him!!!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

My cat had to be put down today :cry: - she had cancer and really it was the best thing to do for her. It is always the memories that sting so deeply.

I will miss that damn flea bitten monkey ...
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Really sorry to hear that mate. :(

Our 15 year old cat's starting to come down with arthritis - horrible to see him go down with it, considering how lively he's been throughout, even recent years. They know how to keep their own spirits up, it has to be said.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Our 15 year old cat's starting to come down with arthritis
My other cat has a touch of that as well, has had for about 4 years and to be honest, she has adjusted quite well. It has affected her mobility slightly, but she is still as happy as Larry.