Zelda GC

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Zelda GC

Post by beardfreak »

Any of you guys still playing ?

I've put quite a few hours in now and loving it. Really like the animation routines and general environments they have woven. Another work of Nintendo genius.

I understand the feelings about having to sail backwards and forwards, but personally, I like the peace of those moments.

Ahhhhh - back into the world of gaming for a few weeks then :wink:
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Im still playing it now and then. Its entertaining enough. Pretty bored of everything these days tho. Nothing keeping my interest for any amount of time. Metroid tho. Thats shit!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

You bought Metroid? That's my next purchase. If you want to flog it at some point, let me know.

Zelda is cool. About 13 hours in I think. There are a few tedious moments for my tastes, but overall, it's a lovely game.

How come you don't like Metroid?
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

I will flog metroid at some point. Want to try and finish it first just incase i start liking it at some point, although i havent played it in a few weeks now. About 10 hours in now i think and its just seems really really dull and pointless. Wander around scanning everything, read way too much small boring text, find door you cant get through, keep wandering, scanning and squinting at text, find power up, go back to door and thats about all there is to it. The boss fights are fun but far between. i wouldnt call the rest of the game much of a game at all. Its like the adventure bits in sonic adventure 1 only at a much slower pace and with really annoying scanning of everything. Oh, almost forgot to mention the music. Its dreadful! Really really poor and annoying low quality midi tunes. Didnt realise the gamecube had worse sound hardware than a soundblaster pro but they shouldve used red book audio or something. Cos its horrible!

Think im about halfway through zelda. Just finished some dungeon and was told to go find some shard pieces but they didnt say where to start looking so i dunno when i can be arsed to do that. Looks like a case of wander all over the map hearing the same old conversations from people until someone mentions where i need to go. I'll probably just check gamefaqs. Started playing ocarina of time tho and i think i prefer it. Seems more polished, i dunno. Prefer the characters and story in oot. And horses are better than boats!

Picked up pikmin, rogue leader and monkey ball on the cheap tho and i think im spending more time playing them at the moment. :)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

You have to use the treasure maps to find the shards and the grappling hook to haul them out of the ocean. Although at that point there are other sub-missions to go off and do as well. I am at about the same point in the game.

Loved the undersea castle when you first find it ... all grey and lifeless, with frozen characters.

Metroid - hmmmm ..... weird. Everything I have read works against what you have said, but I'll reserve judgement until I play it. I think if you were a fan of the SNES version, it follows the same formula. I can understand the "scanning" thing though, as that seems (on the surface) a little tedious.

BTW - is Rich still working with Moby ??
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Ah, ive never bothered looking at them treasure maps. Yeah i think i did pick one up that mentioned something about shards. Couldnt be arsed with the sidequests either. Got fed up with people just giving me money when my cash is already maxed out.

Im told gamecube metroid plays a lot like the snes one. I never played it on snes tho so its not bringing back any fond memories or anything. Was always more of a megadrive man myself. :)
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Oh yeah, er. I think rich is working in a different office to brodie. Im not exactly sure tho. :? Theyre both still working tho as far as i know. The cunts!