Howdy!

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Howdy!

Post by Chain »

Well what a couple of years eh?

I took over this site for Kernal sometime ago because he had other projects eating into his time. And I never really have had time to make any updates or changes as I've been carted from place to place with little time to stop and take note.

So anyway what have you all been up to?

I'm still buying retro stuff (much to the disgust of my wife), and have since bought a Nintendo DS and a PSP... Although having the latest version of firmware on the PSP has scuppered my plans to run Homebrew stuff on it :(

Still I have been enjoying a wide range of games when able to sit down longer enough so here they are for you all to fall asleep over ;)

PS2 - Singstar (all of them) yes I have fallen for the lure of singing like a nutter at all hours round the Brother-in-laws. It wouldn't be so bad if I actually drank but sadly I have been playing without the aid of a stimulant!

NDS - Zoo Keeper, Project Rub, Drill Spirits & Mario. Zoo Keeper should be banned.. Simple.

PSP - Ridge Racer which IS as good as they say it is. And Untold Legends of which I am very glad I took someone’s advice and grabbed as it’s an ace game if you like Diablo 2 etc.

Things looking forward to -

New Nintendo console.
Nintendogs for the DS
Another Untold Legends for the PSP

What else have I been up to? Well I finally got 8Mb broadband at home and then managed to promptly sell my house so I now have to move away from the area meaning no 8Mb for me, and let me tell you I WILL miss that!

So what have the rest of you been up to since we last posted?

I know you're there ;)
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

Did you flash your psp firmware above 1.50? Im loving the homebrew scene at the moment :) Neogeo cd emulator is fantastic! Plus the umd iso loaders are quite interesting :P I'll stop talking about it tho. Dont want to upset you too much! :P
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Just popped by. Still mega busy with life stuff, and the other site. Very little time for consoles other than a few stolen minutes with my DS on the bog :)
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Just came to say Hi, hopefully this place will see some life again :)
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Hi all.. ;)

Nice to see a bit of action on the site again..

Yes I sadly flashed my PSP to damned firmware 1.51 without thinking someone would hack version 1.50 so now I'm stuck with no homebrew stuff. :(

Still could be worse.. I might have flashed it to 1.52!..

Still Untold Legends is pretty damn cool and I still pick up Ridge Racer every now and then to remind myself how good the PSP can actually be. :)

The DS is certainly winning me other though with Bomberman now out for it I see little time for the PSP in the next month or so ;)

Still spend far too much time on Singstar singing away to myself these days..
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Are the Japanese PSP's still shipping with 1.50 generally? I'm hoping to pick one up at some point soon.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Yes I think all the Jap ones are shipping with 1.50..

Just picked up Wipeout for 23 quid sealed.. very err.. FAST.. :)

I actually don't get on with this type of game but still managed to waste a couple of hours trying to get the hang of this.. hehe..
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Well, i'm fully online now ..... yay! NTT sent me a new modem, and I'm a very happy bunny. They sent it next day too, very impressive. :)

Its nice to see this place busy again. :)
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Wipeout is the game I want if I buy a PSP, but if I still get to goto Japan in November i'll pick one up then.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Rumours are that the Jap PSP has a better screen than the US one and the one to be released in the UK shortly... I certainly love mine to bits.. :)