Premiere Windows Media Export

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Premiere Windows Media Export

Post by dan »

Anybody know if there's a plug-in to support exporting AV to windows media format through Premiere. I've done a search but can only find the Windows version. Need a Mac version... or there'll be a mass invasion of QuickTime files. :roll:
Stelf
Supreme Member

Post by Stelf »

Maybe look for a 3rd party program rather than a plugin that allows you to convert from a format mac premiere can output to windows media player format.

Other than that I don't really know much about Mac software apart from its user-base is much lower than PC and therefore would lead me to believe there is less developers working on software for it, but searching for a tool to do your task might come up with some solutions than searching for a plug-in.

But as I said don't really know much about Macs these days.
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

hmmm..... all the searches I've carried out (converting qt to wm, etc) come out nil for Mac.

Basically my problem lies in the fact I have a .mov file created in Premiere which I want to make available. My only solution so far is to export as MPEG-1 (VCD) but the filesize is massive for what it is. Most of the people I know don't have QT installed on their PC's and I want to try and make it accessible to everyone else. I'm currently looking at MPEG-2, but that needs yet another (paid-for) plugin...

Just this minute trying out AVI...
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Ok, sod that last one... I've just remembered what MPEG-2 is... :lol:

DOH! Should have listened more when doing video... ;)

...and AVI export didn't give me any sound. I'm going to use QT for the moment, and just pray... :D