Linux ... wow.

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
dan
Supreme Member

Linux ... wow.

Post by dan »

kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Although I can appreciate the free-form of Linux, and in certain cases it is a better alternative to Windoze, it pisses me off that the only thing Linux users seem to want to do is abuse users of Micro$oft products, claiming how much better their OS is ALL THE DAMN TIME (even though it take 10 times longer to configure properly).

Sure Windoze is cumbersome and downright frustrating at times, but for a vast majority of the time, you know if you buy software/hardware, it's going to work without too much arsing about.

That link brought a smile to my evil face :)
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »

Have to admit, I've never seen Linux, only heared about it.
Don't know any users at all...
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

The only users I come across is through other forums and like Mike, they are a bunch of elitist types, who tend to put you down if you mention that you run a system using XP or 98 or 2000 or whatever.

System snobs mostly.

Would be curious to see it though, have to say.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

You talking to me?..

Are you punk?

:p

I use Linux a fair bit.. Mainly for Firewalls though, I have played with most of the types out there and they are a lot better to get going nowdays, and lets face it windows takes a fair while to install anyway.

Honestly its just a matter of what serves the purpose better. Linux is great for Firewalls/Web Servers etc.. M$ is good for desktop stuff.. Not that its better or worse just that everyone knows about it and at least has an Idea on what to do with it ;) At least they like to think they do anyway ;)

SCO are plonkers anyway who sues because someone includes some of SCO's code into Linux and err sells it too!! LOL

Each to his or her own.. If Windows or Linux peeps want to get on high horses and tout they should both be ready for heavy landings.

;)
dan
Supreme Member

Post by dan »