Most prized & watched DVD ?

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Most prized & watched DVD ?

Post by beardfreak »

Out of all the DVDs you own, which one would you not part with ?

Myself, it would have to be series 3 of Stella Street, which I can watch time & time again and still find odd moments hilarious. Plus, find detail that was previously hidden.

Superb !
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Not one DVD but my collection of twilight Zone DVDs. I love em to bits, and have every episode, which I sadly watch over and over.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

How much and where did you nab them from Mike?

Been watching a lot of the old ones on Sky and I keep missing the end of one with this man and woman each in a different army who seem to be the last alive.. Bugger because everytime its been on I have had to go out *just* before the end.. DOH!

Would love to own the whole set..
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Yeah man, Twilight Zone - wicked stuff !!

Never knew they went to DVD.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Yes, all episodes are available :)

I bought mine in one big job lot (43 DVDs) from Digital Eyes http://www.digitaleyes.net/

At Play (and most other outlets) they retail at £12.99 each, but there was a special on a D.E. at $7.99 each (about a fiver each!), so instead of £550+ I paid £215, plus £38 overseas shipping. Quite a big purchase in one lump, but I had to snap that bargain up before I lost out.

A few months ago they released 3 (or maybe 4) Twilight Zone boxsets, which contain all the episodes, a lot cheaper than buying them seperately. I think they are around £65 each.

Actually, if you check on DVD Price Check http://www.dvdpricecheck.co.uk/ you may find some good T.Z. deals.
Last edited by kernal on Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Chain wrote:Been watching a lot of the old ones on Sky and I keep missing the end of one with this man and woman each in a different army who seem to be the last alive.. Bugger because everytime its been on I have had to go out *just* before the end.. DOH!

Would love to own the whole set..

That episode is called "Two" and starred a young Charles Bronson and Elizabeth Montgomery (from "I Dream of Genie"). I do need some anti anorak cream :)

I'll be happy to send you up the DVD if you wanna rip it, or any other episodes for that matter . Each DVD contains 4-5 episodes.
Mobious
Supreme Member

Twighlight Zone

Post by Mobious »

I think there are 2 TZ Eps which stand out from the rest. The first stared a young Linda Hamilton who is having a picknick with a family when suddenly she wakes up to discover her life is a dream and she is stuck in a life pod in the future. This episode is largely held repsonsible for the creation of the Matrix franchise. The 2nd episode is an oldie and it is where a bankrobber is killed on a raid, and he goes to a place where he wins everything he does, however when he asks his astral guide, if this is heaven can I have it so I dont always win, to which his guide smiles and says, who said you went to heaven? Very trippy and profound suff.