Finally dumped the GBA

This forum is for general tittle-tattle.
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Finally dumped the GBA

Post by beardfreak »

Well it's gone. Won't miss it. No sir. £55 on Ebay.

Dull little handheld, filled with substandard clones & old 16 bit rehashes.

The occasional gem - Mario Kart / Castlevania / Advance Wars.

But overall - pah !

The linker I am trading for a new set of speakers and another Audigy + drive bay extention.

Bye - bye sweet friend .... bye bye :lol:
kernal
< ADMIN >

Post by kernal »

Which Audigy are you going for matey? I have The Audigy Platinum 2. An excellent beasty :) Was a bit of a pain to install with my particular WinXP setup, though. Still, a fiddle about in my BIOS sorted that. Thanksfully Creative have a half decent support forum.

Agree with you on the GBA front. I would gladly have paid a lot extra for a proper backlit (and slighly bigger) TFT type screen.
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

:) Well I modded mine with the afterburner and have been pleased with the results. The only game(s) are going to be emu's though so I have been holding off the linker till something good comes out for it.

Simon did you try Elite before you traded it away? Should I sell my soul and buy a linker, I'm going to be honest and say some of the old 8bit titles are my main reason for holding out. Hell My Neo Geo still rocks compared to it.

:)
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Not sure which Audigy - I just need the internal bay really. I have an external & it is a pain in the bum - LONG story !

Basically, I'm doing a trade with my contact at Creative, so I'm leaving it in his hands.

The Audigy 2 would be nice :wink:

Never did try Elite, although reports say that it is pretty much spot on. A bit of slowdown if you enhance the polys I think !
Chain
< ADMIN >

Post by Chain »

Discs arrived this morning matey so Should be banging some stuff out to you.

Anyone interested in the following?

Gangs Of New York - Svcd
Catch Me If You Can - Vcd
Final Destination - Svcd
My Big Fat Greek Wedding - Svcd

Currently hunting for a copy of Two Weeks Notice will let ya know when I nab a copy thats not a telsync (yuk).

:)

*cough* managed to download DOA - Xtreme Volley Ball .. *cough*.. Wheres the game then? lol.. what game!
beardfreak
Supreme Member

Post by beardfreak »

Remember that two of the DVDs are yours !
Bentley
Supreme Member

Post by Bentley »

I still miss my pc engine gt :? Still the best handheld around in my opinion! Stinkin gameboys. Pah!